Meet Christy, CEO/Owner of PMV
"Volleyball can change lives, and that's exactly what it did for me. As a child, I was extremely shy, but once I stepped on the court, everything changed. That's why I founded Passionate Motivation Volleyball– to give more young people the same opportunity I had to grow and find confidence in themselves. Our experienced coaches provide top-notch training in a supportive, high-energy environment designed to help every athlete reach their full potential."
PMV CEO BIO
Coach C has coached at the beginner, intermediate and advanced levels for the past 18 years. She has also been playing volleyball for 22 years.
Callahan is from Baltimore, Maryland, and was born and raised in Bel Air, Maryland. She moved out to Southern Maryland 2 years ago where she bought a house with her beloved husband of about 9 years.
1. Passionate Motivation Volleyball (PMV) Creator of organization May 14, 2022/Owner/Club Director for 1 year with 5 club teams and 27 other programs.
2. Owner of PMV: PMV trained over 800 athletes in 16 months
3. 2014-2015: Coach Trained under 2 Time USA Olympian & 15 year professional player, Keba Phipps for 6 months.
4. NJCAA Div. 1 Collegiate level Head Volleyball Coach 2012-2014/Team broke every HCC record from before 2014
5. Experience as a collegiate recruiter for HCC Volleyball
6. Coached Fabiana Della-Monica: Position: Setter/in 2014 ranked #1 in nation for JUCO service aces & Ranked 4th for both setting and aces in conference
7. Coach C led 2014: Coached 1st place Conference Championship Team @ Harford Community College/ NJCAA Div. 1
8. 18 years coaching experience at elementary, middle, high school, club, college & adult level
9. Coaches beginner, intermediate & advanced levels
10. Coached many athletes who went on to play at the Division 1, 2 & 3 level, & many received athletic scholarships
1. Impact Certified (Required to Coach and run Volleyball Club Organization)
2. PCA Certification (Positive Coaching Alliance)
Other Credentials: 2 Bachelor Degrees
1. Stevenson University: Psychology & Human Services/graduated in May, 2008
Senior Volleyball Captain in 2007
2. Morgan State & Life University: Nutrition/graduated in September of 2017
Courses of Relevance:
1. Sport Psychology
2. Nutrition & Physical Performance
Main Jobs Before Entrepreneurship:
1. College Coach
2. WIC Nutritionist
3. Top Regional Sales Brand Ambassador for Nutrition Bar Company: Perfect Bar
4. Rated as a "highly effective" middle school English Teacher after the Pandemic
Franklin High School-Varsity
Havre De Grace High School-Varsity
Horizon Christian Academy-Varsity
Beth Tfiloh Middle/High School-middle school & JV
Harford Community College NJCAA Div 1: Head Coach 2012-2014/3 seasons
Time-out volleyball club-A few years/16U/13U/15U/15U
KPVA with former Olympian Keba Phipps 14U
Volleyone Volleyball Club 18U
Baltimore Elite Volleyball Club 16U
Passionate Motivation Volleyball Club 16U
1. 4 years as Opposite hitter at Stevenson University
-Specialized on right side/opposite as a lefty
2. JV @ Fallston High School
Awarded Best Sportsmanship Award for Freshman Volleyball & Basketball in 2000 & 2001
3. JV & Varsity @ John Carroll High School
-Team won MIAA Championship senior year in 2003
-Honorable Mention in County
-John Carroll High School Coach of 30 years described Callahan to her dad as being the most improved player he has ever seen in 30 years of coaching.
4. Club Volleyball
-TimeOut Club Volleyball/ 16U/1 7U